HEALTH AND SAFETY
NOTE: Parents of enrolled students may utilize our Parent Portal to access most up to date resources and forms.
- Camera/Intercom door entry
- Gated playground area
- Identification / documentation of Authorized Drop off / Pick Ups
- Touchless QR Code for Parent Drop off / Pick Ups
- Student lanyards stay with child throughout the day with emergency contact information
- All staff have obtained the following clearances
- FBI Fingerprint
- State Child Abuse
- State Police / Criminal History
- NSOR (National Sex Offender Registry)
- Out of State clearances if applicable
Children that have 2 or more symptoms, a fever of 100 degrees or more, too ill to participate, or have suspected exposure to a contagious diseases, should stay home from school. Parents should refer to most recent announcements and the Parent Handbook under the Parent Portal. PCA is a peanut free zone.
- AED on site
- Fire/ Instruder/ Shelter in Place Drills
- Fire Alarm monthly testing
- Staff Annual Fire Safety Training
- Pediatric First Aid / CPR Training
- 10 Hr Health and Safety Training
- Annual Review of Emergency Safety Plan
COVID Management Plan
Last Updated 2/4/22
PCA will be reducing our isolation and quarantine timelines as follows:
A. COVID POSITIVE (regardless of vaccination status)
- 5-day isolation from onset of symptom date or test date if no symptoms. Must be fever free for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medicine and symptoms are improving.
- If severely ill or immunocompromised, should seek consultation of your doctor before ending isolation.
- OCDEL requires that a positive child or facility staff member must provide a doctor’s written note, or a negative test result signed and verified by a physician or nurse practitioner (CRNP) clearing them to return. An unverified home test will not be accepted.
B. EXPOSED TO COVID (non-household member)
- ASYMPTOMATIC: Can continue to come to school if not showing symptoms
- SYMPTOMATIC: Can return by meeting one of the criteria below:
- Without testing, quarantine for 5 days and return to school if less than 2 symptoms and they are improving. Must be fever free for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medicine.
- Can return to school with a negative COVID test. Home tests are acceptable. Send in a photo of the test with individual’s name and date on it. Must have less than 2 symptoms and symptoms should be improving. Must be fever free for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medicine.
- Can return with a doctor’s note clearing individual to return to school
C. HOUSEHOLD MEMBER IS POSITIVE
- ASYMPTOMATIC and Isolated
If you are not showing symptoms and are not directly caring for, or dependent on the care of the positive household member, you can return to school as long as symptom free. If symptoms develop, quarantine, and follow steps below.
- SYMPTOMATIC or Exposed to Positive Household Member
If new symptoms develop after being exposed to positive household member:
- Can return to school without a test
- After 5 days from onset of symptoms, symptoms are improving, and fever free for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medicine
- Can return to school with a COVID test
- COVID POSITIVE
If the test is found positive, isolate for 5 days from onset of symptoms. Refer to ITEM A above on return requirements.
- COVID NEGATIVE
If negative, can return to school by providing a photo of the negative test with the date and name on it. Home tests are acceptable. Should have less than 2 symptoms that are improving and be fever free for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medicine.
- COVID POSITIVE
- Can return to school without a test
PCA’s POSITION ON MASKS
During periods of high transmission of COVID and other contagious illnesses, staff will be expected to wear a mask in ECE settings. Staff may remove masks when able to social distance and for short interims to eat and drink. Staff with underlying medical conditions, with permission from administration, may be exempt from wearing masks.
- CHILDREN, PARENTS, and VISITORS
Masks are optional
EXEMPT FOR 90 DAYS FROM QUARANTINE
Individuals who have had COVID within 90 days will be exempt from quarantine after being exposed. If symptoms develop, should get tested. If test positive, should follow item A above. If test negative, can return to school by providing a photo of the negative test with the date and name on it. Home tests are acceptable. Should have less than 2 symptoms that are improving and be fever free for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medicine.
Most current cases of the omicron variant exhibit mild symptoms. PCA will continue to monitor case incidences, ongoing guidance and recommendations from health authorities, be up to date with licensing expectations, and prioritize how to safely minimize COVID disruptions to our community. PCA requests families to report positive cases honestly to the school and keep children home if they are sick as part of our mitigation strategy.
PCA utilizes REMIND app to notify parents of inclement weather closures, delays, or early dismissals. The information is also posted on NBC10, FOX 29, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Professional Daily Cleaning Service
- Professional Monthly carpet steam cleaning
- Heightened Disinfecting as applicable
- UV Sanitizer and Power Disinfectant Spray for deep cleaning
- Washing machine and Dryer on site
- Power wash on site
- All classrooms equipped with screen windows for natural ventilation in addition to heating/AC units